Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Getting our names together in a book.

I haven't gotten much sleep for more than a week now. Sleepy but can't sleep and weary but not tired, I went to Claudia Gray and Madeleine Roux's book signing in Ayala 2 days ago. This has been a secret addiction of mine to go to these events for the last 2 years.

It's now about to change because instead of having only my name in the written dedication by the author, I now include her. And I felt better. I felt like I shared the book with her by letting her own it also.




Madeleine Roux asked if Eu and Anne are my kids. I said, "No, that's me and my girlfriend". Surprised, she told me her story the day before the book signing in Manila that a young girl had her book signed and said it was for her kids.

So why am I reading Young Adult books? The answer is simple, there will be movies of them soon. Will I not watch the movie because it was a YA book? The movie version only complements the book. The real story is in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment